Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station review

This is my second YouTube video I belive and my first tech-related review. Though this was released some time in March or May I decided to purchase it this week due to Router failures etc. This is really my first review and it was done in one take so bear with me with the quality and the stuttering :) This is Apple's new AirPort Extreme Base Station with Dual-Band Wireless-N technology. It gives a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz frequency at the same time. This gives an overall speed boos to devices using different network cards, such as an iPhone with a Wireless-G card and a notebook with a Wireless-N card. The Base Station has the following: 3 gigabit Ethernet ports 1 gigabit WAN port 1 USB 2.0 port for Wireless Printing and HD sharing (you must download or reinstall Bonjour if you have Windows for this to work apple.com ) 1 AC Power Port, 1 reset button, and 1 LED activity indicator. This new model has the ability to allow 50 users within it's network. This is perfect for School classes and even huge parties. Inside the box is the Base Station itself, Warranties/etc, Power Adapter, and AirPort Utility installer disc (I believe it's a Mac/PC disc). Among the 50 users, you can make a Guest networking for friends who come over but you don't want to necessarily give him/her access to your printer or AirDisk. Overall this Router has been performing excellent with my devices as of late and I'm very pleased with it, after every few months I'll give updates to state how it is still performing.

Friends Link : you can find more Cheap and Buy Direct from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment